Custom Search

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

At last, Spring is Here

After a brutal Michigan winter, it finally feels like spring today. It's in the mid seventies, and the sun is shining, you can see the grass getting greener over the course of a few hours! After a winter that was like a frame from a dreary black & white movie, we here in Michigan are rolling out the red carpet for the sun! I spent most of the day getting my herb garden ready, clearing out the bed, tilling, adding soil and fertilizer. It felt great to have the sun on my face, and my hands in the cool soil. I feel like I just stumbled out of hibernation, rubbing the sleep from my eyes with a smile. I keep a great kitchen herb garden next to the house with: Rosemary, Thyme, Mint, Sage, Basil, Oregano, Marjoram, Italian Parsley, Garlic Chives, and Cilantro. I'll have to wait until next month for the fragile herbs. The herbs love the heat from the brick with the morning to midday sun. I really miss my herb garden in the winter. I miss the sun too. I had a terrific lunch as well, my soul food: Oldani Salami, Provolone, with tomatoes marinated in Basil, Fresh Garlic and Crushed Red Pepper, all on a chewy blistered Italian loaf. Red Wine (Cypress Merlot) to drink and chunks of Fontinella on the side. Spring feels good today. So do I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home